Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday Setlist / 10.10.10

Here's what went down at Highland Community Church at the 9 o'clock hour:

Counting on GOD (A) [Jared Anderson]
     Welcome and Announcements
     Offering
Our Love is Loud (E) [David Crowder]
I Could Sing of Your Love Forever (E) [Martin Smith]
     Scripture Reading
             Handbell Choir
     Dismiss


Band:
Jonathan David Eckberg - Guitar/Vocals
Tim McDaniel - Drums
Joe Szoke - Bass/Vocals


Notes:
The Handbell Choir from Shepherds Ministries in Wisconsin was in the service yesterday, so music was short and to the point.  We focused on the providence and love of GOD our Father.  We were also a little short-handed as our other guitar player was in Chicago for the weekend.  So, to fill the space I ran my 60's reissue Strat through a signal splitter with one channel running to a Boss Acoustic Simulator into my Behringer DI to the board.  The other channel ran through my effects board into my brand new Randall RM-22 Head.  One of the coolest features of the RM-22 is that is has a built in direct box (they call it a "mic simulator") so you can run an XLR cable direct to the board - great tone with no stage volume, absolutely perfect for a small church worship setting.  The purpose of the signal split was to offer an electric and acoustic tone at certain points in the songs to help beef up the three-piece sound.  Anyway, enough of the guitar-geek stuff.


Songs:
Counting on GOD - This is a fun song to play.  We hit this one pretty hard to open up the morning and rocked it out properly!

Our Love is Loud - I always enjoy playing this song, whether it's solo-acoustic or full-band, I think it's a great congregational song.  We gave it a little more of a bluesy feel today.  Tim and Joe, had a nice little groove going which moved the song along well.

I Could Sing of Your Love Forever - I highly recommend the "additional chorus" to this song.  I have no idea where you would find the melody on line, because I've never heard it recorded (I'm sure it's out there, but I've never heard it).  I picked it up from Dave Hunt several years ago.  It adds a little flavor to the redundancy of singing the chorus over and over at the end.  The lyrics are "Everywhere I go I'm singing, Everybreath of air I'm breathing, Everywhere I go I'll sing of when Your love came down."

I know I'm short and late this week, but I've been running non-stop since the beginning of service yesterday.  My apologies.  I'll try to do better next week.

To see what songs others are praising GOD with, you can check out the sunday setlist at theworshipcommunity.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment