Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sunday Setlist / 8.8.10

Hello all,

This is my first post on the Sunday Setlist.  I have found this grouping of worship leaders and service orders to be an invaluable tool in my own construction of worship sets.  It's always a tremendous encouragement to see what my brothers and sisters are doing around the country and how the Spirit moves in so many different ways, but moves powerfully in all of them.  So, I thought it was only fair that I add my  two cents.  Here goes:

I Have Decided (S.Sundar Singh) [C]
     Welcome & Announcements
     Offering
Let Everything That Has Breath (Matt Redman) [E]
Come Thou Fount (Robert Robinson) [E]
Take My Life and Let it Be (Frances R. Havergal) [G]
     Scripture Reading - II Cor. 5:17-21
     Message
GOD of Justice (Tim Hughes) [E]

Worship Band:
Jonathan David Eckberg - Acoustic Guitar/Vocals
Tim McDaniel - Drums
Aaron McDaniel - Electric Guitar
Joe Szoke - Bass

Guest Teacher:
Jason Reichert

Notes:  This Sunday Pastor Larry Wise was on vacation so we had Jason in to teach.  He taught on our reconciliation to Christ and how that effects our ministry to those around us.  It was a wonderful call for each of us to fulfill our duties of evangelism and discipleship.  As a result of pastor being gone our band led worship for both services.  This was a great experience as we did both services exactly the same.  In planning I tried to put as much cross-over as possible which made the first service a little more traditional than normal and rocked out the second service more than they are accustomed to.  The band has been the same set up for the past month or so, which is the first time we've ever had that amount of consistency in the lineup.  This is not by choice, as we've lost several members of our worship team over the summer due to job changes and relocations.  It has been difficult to deal with losing some really talented folks, but the guys in the band have stepped up and have really come through.  I can't say enough good things about the talents and hearts of Tim, Aaron, and Joe.

I Have Decided - This is the traditional song, but it's a very rocked out version.  You will soon be able to hear a recording of it on the worship EP called, "Heirs" by Until We're Kings.  I think it will be released late in the fall, but no official word on that yet.

Let Everything That Has Breath - This is a song that both services are comfortable with so it was easy to throw in there.  We push the Tempo on this one a little and give it a solid rock feel in our arragnement.

Come Thou Found - We made a seamless transition from LETHB in to Come Thou Fount.  Coming into it from a more uptempo tune lent this one to more of a soulful-bluesy vibe.  I love singing of the praise of GOD in LETHB into the blessings of GOD in Come Thou Fount.  It's a really natural flow.

Take My Life - The message in this song ran in line with what Jason was teaching.  It's a tune about submission and offering all that we have for all that we are called to.

GOD of Justice - I led this one with just the acoustic. It was a fitting response song to the message.  This is one of my favorite worship tunes.  The chorus us "Move us into action / Keep us from just singing / We must go" is absolutely perfect.  for myself it's crazy easy to sit and sing songs and live my life the way I think I need to.  It gets real tough when I start to think about the time, even in this past week, when I failed to go.

That was long.  I apologize.  I'll try to be more succinct in the future.

-jde

No comments:

Post a Comment